Project for Evaluation and Mitigation of Seismic Risk for Composite Masonry Buildings in Bhutan
The experience and lessons learned from the major disasters due to earthquakes in 2009 and 2011 reflected the necessity to improve the seismic resilience of traditional construction technologies using indigenous materials.
Accordingly, a technical cooperation project SATREPS titled “Evaluation and Mitigation of Seismic Risk for Composite Masonry Buildings in Bhutan” between RGoB and the Government of Japan was launched in April, 2017.
- Department of Engineering Services, MoWHS
- Department of Culture, MoHCA
- Department of Disaster Management, MoCHA
- Department of Geology and Mines, MoEA
- Nagoya Citiy University
- Research Institutes of Japan
- To assess the characteristics of stone masonry structures with and without
- To assess and validate the effectiveness of the strengthening intervention.